ALBERT (A.T.) KOHOUT, CFP®, MBA
Owner / Principal
Albert (A.T.) Kohout, CFP®, MBA, is a Senior Financial Planner and Owner / Principal with Galecki Financial Management, and also currently serves as firm president. Even as A.T. works with a wide variety of clients throughout different life stages, he’s carved out a niche with business retirement plans and within the LGTBQ+ community.
A.T. joined Galecki Financial Management in 2003 and became a shareholder in 2005. Overall, he has almost 30 years of experience in wealth and financial management.
A.T. earned his bachelor’s degree in corporate and international finance from Ball State University in December 1993 and his master’s degree in finance from Butler University in 2000. Upon graduating from Ball State, A.T. joined Edward Jones Investments in Terre Haute, Indiana before joining Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.’s National Service Center in 1995.
In 1996, A.T. was promoted to Schwab’s Indianapolis Branch, where he focused on building relationships with clients and providing advice on asset allocation models. In 1998, A.T. was promoted to Branch Manager and Vice President of a new Schwab office in Toledo, Ohio, and over the next three years received regional awards and recognitions. A.T. moved back to Indianapolis in 2001 and took on positions in the Retail Sales Strategy and Private Client divisions, working with Schwab’s highest net worth clients.
A.T. is married to his wife Jenny and has 4 children – Ashlyn, Brayden, Michael and Connor. In his spare time, he enjoys traveling, family activities, running and golf. He has been to all but 5 major league baseball stadiums.
- Leadership Fort Wayne Participant
- Financial Planning Certificate, Kaplan University, The School of Continuing and Professional Studies, 2006
- Former Investment Committee member for the Fort Wayne Community Foundation
- Board Member – Fort Wayne Museum of Art (Also served on the Investment Committee and the Finance Committee)
- Questa – Member of the Finance Committee
- Board Member – NAPFA Midwest Board of Directors